Fourth-placed Liverpool were stung by a 1-0 defeat at Premier League basement side Swansea City who withstood a second-half onslaught to secure the points after taking the lead through defender Alfie Mawson at the Liberty Stadium on Monday.Swansea went ahead five minutes before the break when an attempt to clear by Liverpool’s 75 million pounds ($104.88 million) defender Virgil Van Dijk landed at the feet of Mawson who swept the ball home for his sixth league goal this season.Van Dijk, playing in his first league game since signing from Southampton, had earlier flashed over a header from a first-half corner, while Mohamed Salah blazed the Dutch defender’s lofted pass over the bar on the half-hour mark.Liverpool upped the tempo in the second half, dominating possession and attacking from all angles, and Roberto Firmino saw his late header come back off the post, but Swansea managed to hold on for only their fifth league win of the season.Liverpool had not lost in 18 games, having just ended the unbeaten league record of runaway leaders Manchester City, but they fluffed their lines in the face of some stout defending.The loss leaves the Reds on 47 points, three behind Chelsea and six off Manchester United, with Tottenham Hotspur two points outside the top four after a draw at Southampton on Sunday.Manchester City lead the way with 65 points from 24 games.SWANSEA FORMULA”I told my players: Liverpool is a strong team. Like a Formula 1 car,” Swansea boss Carlos Carvalhal told Sky Sports after a win that took his side level on 20 points with second-bottom West Bromwich Albion and three off the safety zone.advertisement”If you put that F1 car in the 4pm London traffic, the F1 car will not drive very fast. That’s exactly what we had to do. Let them play in a way they don’t like.”The plan seemed to work as the visitors struggled to find a way through the Swansea defence in the first half. Van Dijk looked composed but a lack of movement in front of him limited his options as he brought the ball out of defence.Mawson’s goal lit a fire under the Liverpool attack and they surged forward after the break, notching 17 of their total 21 attempts on goal in the second period.
The AAF is suspending football operations immediately Posted: April 2, 2019 KUSI Sports, SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Despite having only two regular season games remaining, the San Diego Fleet and the other seven teams in the Alliance of American Football apparently suspended all operations Tuesday, according to multiple reports.Pro Football Talk reported rumblings of the league’s demise Monday night, followed by the Action Network’s Darren Rovell. KUSI Sports AAF had a call with NFLPA reps yesterday that showed signs of life, so some executives found it strange that Dundon wanted to stop funding it so soon https://t.co/UTvHbKsAZ5— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 2, 2019 Updated: 12:40 PM Sources: The AAF will suspend all football operations today. New owner Tom Dundon will lose approximately $70 million on his investment. Dundon makes decision against wishes of league co-founders Charlie Ebersol and Bill Polian.— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 2, 2019Tom Dundon, the league’s majority owner and the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team, raised the specter of closing the league in an interview last week with USA Tuesday.Representatives of the San Diego Fleet did not immediately respond to a request for comment.The San Diego squad was scheduled to play the Orlando Apollos on Saturday before closing the regular season at home April 14 against the Arizona Hotshots. At 3-5, the Fleet needed to win out to have a chance at making the playoffs as one of the top two teams in the league’s Western Conference.The fledgling league was only eight weeks into its first season, but faced immediate and future questions of funding and where each team’s players would come from. AAF co-founders Charlie Ebersol and Bill Polian intended to run the league independently for three years, with each season coming as a reprieve for football-starved fans during the NFL offseason. Ebersol and Polian planned to eventually form a partnership with the NFL as a developmental league.According to Rovell and others, Dundon, who purchased a majority stake in the league in February, wanted to form that partnership this season and pressured the NFL Players Association to share players on NFL practice squads. Dundon argued the league could not survive without NFL support.The NFLPA balked at the rushed relationship and the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement made some of his demands impossible. Dundon apparently chose to suspend the league rather than continue committing money to it. Pro Football Talk reported Monday night that the league required $20 million to make it through the April 27 championship game.The Fleet played its games at SDCCU Stadium, with estimated turnouts growing to nearly 20,000 by season’s end. The Fleet also led the league in merchandise sales. April 2, 2019 Prevailing thought that AAF owner Tom Dundon shut down the league to strip it of its assets, mainly the tech piece, is interesting, but sources say it would likely be illegal https://t.co/UTvHbKsAZ5— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 2, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News, Sports FacebookTwitter
Facebook rachète Instagram, l’appli de partage de photoLundi, Mark Zuckerberg, PDG de Facebook, a annoncé que le réseau social avait racheté Instagram, l’application de partage de photos destiné aux appareils mobiles. Un rachat qui lui a coûté un milliard de dollars en actions et en numéraire. Alors qu’elle vient tout juste de débarquer sur les dispositifs Android, c’est un nouveau tournant pour l’application de partage de photos Instagram. Lundi, Facebook a en effet annoncé par la voix de son PDG Mark Zuckerberg qu’il venait tout juste de racheter l’application créée il y a presque deux ans. “Je suis heureux de partager avec vous la nouvelle que nous avons accepté de racheter Instagram et que leur talentueuse équipe va rejoindre Facebook”, a indiqué le directeur sur sa page Facebook. À lire aussiDengue : symptômes, traitement, prévention, où en est-on ?”Pendant des années, nous nous sommes concentrés sur l’architecture du meilleur système pour partager des photos (…). Maintenant nous allons pouvoir travailler encore plus étroitement avec l’équipe d’Instagram qui offre les meilleures expériences pour partager de belles images prises sur des appareils mobiles”, a t-il également ajouté cité par l’AFP. De leur côté, les créateurs d’Instagram se sont également réjouis du rachat : “Quand Mike (Krieger) et moi avons créé Instagram il y a presque deux ans, nous avons voulu changer et améliorer la manière dont le monde communique et partage. Nous avons pris beaucoup de plaisir à voir Instagram se transformer en communauté vibrante à travers le monde”, a commenté Kevin Systrom, directeur général d’Instagram, dans un communiqué.Quant au devenir de l’application, le directeur a voulu rassurer les utilisateurs, elle gardera son indépendance. “Instagram ne va pas disparaître. Nous allons travailler avec Facebook pour bâtir un réseau. Nous allons continuer à ajouter des caractéristiques au produit pour trouver de nouvelles manières de créer une meilleure expérience photo”, a t-il précisé. Un projet confirmé par Mark Zuckerberg : “Nous pensons que ces systèmes différents vont se compléter” mais pour cela “nous devons avoir en tête de garder et solidifier les forces et les caractéristiques d’Instagram plutôt que d’essayer de tout intégrer à Facebook”. Alors que le réseau social prépare son entrée en bourse, le PDG a ajouté que “c’est la première fois que Facebook fait l’acquisition d’une entreprise avec tant d’utilisateurs”. Toutefois, “nous ne prévoyons pas d’en faire beaucoup d’autres de la sorte, s’il y en a d’autres”.Le 10 avril 2012 à 09:06 • Maxime Lambert
by The Associated Press Posted Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm MDT Last Updated Jun 14, 2017 at 7:40 pm MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email More flight delays, cancellations for US airlines in April WASHINGTON – Cancelled and delayed flights rose in April on the nation’s leading airlines, and so did consumer complaints, according to figures released Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Transportation.The rate of cancelled flights nearly doubled to 1.6 per cent in April compared to the same month in 2016. Delta Air Lines accounted for nearly half the cancellations — it was crippled for days by a one-day storm in Atlanta.About 78.5 per cent of flights arrived within 14 minutes of schedule, down from the 84.5 per cent on-time rate in April 2016, according to the latest figures available from the government.Hawaiian Airlines had the best on-time rate, at 88.8 per cent, while Virgin America was last at 64.6 per cent.Complaints rose 70 per cent, although only a tiny fraction of the millions of travellers lodged a protest.April was also the month in which a passenger was dragged from a full United Express flight, igniting a debate over poor customer service on U.S. airlines.Consumers lodged 1,909 complaints with the Transportation Department, with 1,430 filed against U.S. airlines. Most consumers complain directly to the airline, but the carriers don’t have to report those figures.More than one-third of complaints dealt with cancelled or delayed flights or missed connections.Discount carrier Spirit Airlines had the highest rate of complaints, followed by United, which took a public-relations beating after video surfaced of airport officers roughly hauling a 69-year-old man off a United Express plane to make room for crew members flying to their next assignment.Southwest Airlines had the lowest complaint rate.___The Transportation Department report can be found at http://bit.ly/2t3KDdx