tqksubls

New Fort St. John hospital gearing up for move

first_imgThe hospital is nearing the end of its construction phase, and is shooting to get an occupancy permit around the middle of March, meaning Northern Health will have access into the building without any personal protective equipment. That means a lot of training is planned for April and May. Service commencement day, when Northern Health is handed the keys to the new facility, is still scheduled for May 31, 2012. Northern Health will be holding another community meeting on February 27 to update the public on the progress of the project and provide new pictures. That meeting will be held at the Quality Inn at 6:30 p.m. Project Director Tom Sparrow says educating staff on the move is important to keep everything flowing. “Based on the fact that it’s a new design, it’s very very important that all of our healthcare folks totally understand what that new design looks like and how they will effectively function within that area. Northern Health is also working to get all of the new equipment logistically placed into the new building, a process Sparrow describes as a “huge operation” that involves receiving the equipment, moving it in, installing it and certifying it and ensuring it it works properly. That’s all in addition to moving the existing equipment in the current hospital, along with the patients and residents. That move requires a “significant” amount of pre-planning, to ensure it is done properly and safely.- Advertisement -“Because of how important it is to safeguard our patients, our residents, our clinical and non-clinical staff, there is a huge amount of co-ordination, facilitation that has to take place not to ensure there is the safety of all concerned when we conduct the move. The actual physical move will take place over four to five days in mid-June.Advertisementlast_img read more

tqksubls

Guus Hiddink rules out Didier Drogba reunion at Chelsea

first_imgChelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink does not expect Didier Drogba to return to Stamford Bridge this season after the striker announced his return to training with Montreal Impact.Drogba earlier this month had discussions with Major League Soccer over his future, but said reports he had retired from playing to join Chelsea’s coaching staff were premature.And that prospect appears to be over – for now.Hiddink, speaking after Chelsea’s 1-0 win at Arsenal on Sunday, said: “On the short-term, yes (there is no prospect).“But in the longer term we talked about players of a big influence or big image for this club, they are welcome.“There is no time issue on this.”The 37-year-old Drogba, who has a year to run on his contract with the Canadians, scored 164 goals in 381 appearances for the Blues, 157 of the strikes coming in 341 appearances in his first spell, which concluded with the 2012 Champions League victory in Munich.Suggestions of a move to Chelsea for a third time gathered pace when the former Ivory Coast striker watched the first match since the departure of Jose Mourinho alongside Hiddink and owner Roman Abramovich against Sunderland on December 19.Montreal Impact said on Sunday: “Forward Didier Drogba will not be present for the opening of the (training) camp, but he will be doing preparation work in view of the upcoming season.“He will join the team for the second part of training camp, which will take place from February 15 to 28 in St Petersburg, Florida.”Drogba wrote on Twitter: “On way to Qatar to do some preparation work for pre-season @impactmontreal.”Montreal’s season begins against Vancouver Whitecaps on March 6.Hiddink added: “I wish him all the best now for one of his last seasons.”last_img read more

tqksubls

Sony OKs pasta-camera swap

first_imgA Missouri couple who found a jar of pasta sauce inside a box where a camcorder should have been said Tuesday that Sony Entertainment Inc. is giving them a new camcorder. Melisa Rittenberg, 36, of Perryville, said she was contacted by Sony on Monday, after talking to The Associated Press about the incident, which happened after the Rittenbergs bought the camcorder at a suburban St. Louis store. Rittenberg said she was told a replacement camera was in the mail. Phone messages left with Sony were not returned. “I’m satisfied because we’re finally going to get the camera we paid for,” Rittenberg said, though she remained angry that the store didn’t resolve the matter. Store manager Wade Trapp said his company had been in touch with the Rittenbergs and would follow up on the matter. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’The Rittenbergs paid about $1,600 for a camcorder last week. They said when they opened the box, they found a jar of Classico pasta sauce, a telephone cord and an electric outlet cover. The items were all positioned in the box where the camera equipment should have been, Melisa Rittenberg said. – Associated Presslast_img read more