chfxoosc

Cristiano Ronaldo tells Perez he didn’t say he may leave

first_imgCristiano Ronaldo was questioned by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez about saying he might leave the club. “I didn’t say this, I said something different,” Ronaldo told Perez. CET Sport EN Upd. at 23:09 The Los Blancos chief was lying in wait for the players as they got off the coach ahead of their Champions League encounter at the Santago Bernabeu on Tuesday night. Ronaldo denied he had said what was printed, as the president gave him a slap on the cheek. He greeted them individually, but as Cristiano went past he stopped him to ask about the interview with Kicker in which he said he may go. Watch the video here: When asked if he could imagine leaving Ronaldo had replied, per Kicker: “Why not? I’m a Real Madrid player at the moment, but you can never know. You’ve got to do what makes you happy. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow.” 03/11/2015last_img read more

chfxoosc

No jail here

first_imgTHE STATE Government has dispelled rumours that a jail will be built in Pakenham. The Gazette contacted the Labor Government…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

chfxoosc

Countering Covid fears

first_imgWith the need for people to get tested greater than ever, and some people still hesitant to do so, the…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription. By Danielle Kutchel last_img

chfxoosc

Cramer grabs most of hardware at Nelson Leafs awards ceremony

first_imgRobson Cramer, as he has done all season, was the big winner during Sunday’s Nelson Leafs Award’s Banquet at the Hume Hotel.The skillful defenceman won a handful of awards at the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League franchise concluded the 2014-15 campaign with the annual award ceremony.Nelson was eliminated from the playoffs by defending KIJHL champion Beaver Valley Nitehhawks Thursday.The Hawks won the best-of-seven Murdoch Semi Final series 4-1.Cramer, a double league award winner as top defenceman in the Murdoch Division and KIJHL, won Nelson’s Top Defenceman and regular season Team MVP.Cramer, who is off to Simon Fraser of the BC Intercollegiate Hockey League next season, also was the top scorer during the regular season for Nelson.Right behind Cramer on trips to the podium was rugged defenceman Darnel St. Pierre. St. Pierre won the Coaches’ Award and Most Spirited Player honour.It was announced that St. Pierre is off to join Cramer at SFU next season after agreeing to a commitment letter.Rookie forward Sam Webber won the Most Popular Player award while Dylan Williamson was named top rookie and Playoff MVP was forward Rayce Miller.The player award for dedication of hockey and academics was Brenden Chow while Leaf captain Aaron Dunlap was named Unsung Hero for the team.Most Sportsmanlike Player and Most Improved Player went to forward Timothy Nichols.The banquet concludes what has been a rollercoaster ride for the Green and White this season.However, instead of dwelling on the negative, head coach Dave McLellan already is starting to put the pieces together for the 2015-16 campaign as Nelson hosts its rookie camp April 24-26 at the NDCC Arena.The Main Camp is scheduled to follow May 15-17, also at the NDCC Arena.For more information contact McLellan at coach@nelsonleafs.ca or 250-352-1903.last_img read more

chfxoosc

Azpilicueta after Spurs revenge for ‘unacceptable’ Wembley loss

first_imgCESAR AZPILICUETA says Chelsea are out for revenge against Spurs after last month’s “unacceptable” defeat at Wembley.Maurizio Sarri’s men saw their unbeaten start to the season go up in smoke at the Home of Football in November at the hands of Spurs.5 Cesar Azpilicueta is out for revenge against TottenhamCredit: GettyThe final score was 3-1 but it could have been double that as Tottenham ran riot.Now Azpilicueta and Co have the chance to make up for it when they take of their capital rivals in the Carabao Cup semi-finals over two legs next month.The Spaniard said: “That game from the first minute to the last we were really bad. They were better than us. We cannot let this happen again. We have to improve.“After that game we understood what we can improve on and obviously when the game gets closer, we will study them more and try to get better because the game we played that day was not acceptable.5 Chelsea’s undefeated start to the campaign was ended last month by SpursCredit: Reuters5 The Blues sealed a Carabao Cup semi-final showdown with their rivals on Wednesday by defeating BournemouthCredit: AP:Associated Press“I have been here a long time and had very good moments and some tough ones. But the way that game went was a bad experience.“We were undefeated going into that game and to lose the way we did was tough. But it happened, the only thing we can do is turn it around and we have a good chance. We will try to do it.”POCHETTI-NO! Tottenham ban press from asking Mauricio Pochettino about Manchester UnitedAzpilicueta has been at Chelsea since 2012 but the team is still only five months into Sarri’s reign.That is in stark contrast to the four years Mauricio Pochettino has been at Tottenham.LATEST CHELSEA NEWSmighty fine brosRyan Thomas gets parking ticket on £285k Rolls Royce as bros ride bikesExclusiveRETURN TRIPRyan, Adam and Scott Thomas handed second series of their ITV travel seriesteetotalLove Island’s Scott Thomas reveals he nearly lost his business over love of boozeTHOMAS AND TEDDYAdam Thomas and son Teddy model new George at Asda range for Father’s Day’lockdown baby’Holly Willoughby praises Ryan Thomas’ ‘sweet’ eight-week-old baby RomanFAMILY TIESAdam Thomas confronts absent dad in new doc with brothers Ryan and ScottBut Azpilicueta insists the fact Spurs are further along in their development under their manager is no excuse when it comes to a London derby.The former Marseille man said: “They have been working together for a long time, but when you go on to the pitch in a derby, there are a lot of things that don’t matter, like how long or not you have been playing with the manager.“In a derby like this there a lot of things. In the last derby we didn’t play the way we normally do and we have to learn from it.”Chelsea set up the two-legged semi-final against Spurs, to be played on January 8 and 22, after sub Eden Hazard’s late strike saw off Bournemouth.Ruben Loftus-Cheek impressed in a more advanced role playing as a wide forward and Azpilicueta reckons the England star has improved significantly.5 Ruben Loftus-Cheek helped Chelsea to overcome Bournemouth in the quarter-final on WednesdayCredit: Getty Images5 The England midfielder has come back from his Palace loan spell a much better player, according to his Spanish team-mateCredit: ReutersThe 29-year-old said: “He came back to pre-season training from his holidays following the World Cup before he was supposed to.“He didn’t play much and he wanted to get in the team really quick. Obviously he took a bit of time to adapt to a new position, last season he played at Crystal Palace in a different role.“But he has adapted really well, now he is playing sometimes as a winger. His game is improving every day and I’m really pleased for him.“He has been with us for quite a long time and now he is getting more of a chance. He is showing his quality and how important he can be. We have seen a better Ruben and hopefully he can keep going.”It’s match week 18 of the Premier League as Chelsea greet Leicester City and Cardiff welcomes Manchester Unitedlast_img read more

chfxoosc

As usual, Lancers look strong

first_imgSJV girls will be among state BY WARREN RAPPLEYEAStaff Writer BY WARREN RAPPLEYEA Staff Writer PHOTOS BY FARRAH MAFFAI staff St. John Vianney’s Courtney Calderone (above) and Shantel Brown are among the key returners for this year’s Lady Lancers as they look to make another run at numerous championships. An experienced but youthful St. John Vianney High School girls basketball team began trying to pick up where it left off a year ago when it opened the season Friday night at Middletown South. The Lady Lancers went 21-6 a year ago, winning the NJSIAA Parochial A South and Parochial A tournaments before finally bowing to Shabazz in the Tournament of Champions. Three starters return for SJV: juniors Shantel Brown and Colleen Light, as well as sophomore Courtney Calderone. All are multi-faceted players. Brown, who plays the point, averaged 11 points, five assists and five rebounds last season. Light contributed four points and three boards, and Calderone averaged 10 points and nine caroms. SJV will be without the graduated Shannon Coyle and Jaime Komar, who averaged 15 and eight points, respectively. Coach Bob Ward expects several players to help replace those points, including sophomore forward Kristine Perez, who averaged six points and five boards off the bench a year ago. In addition, sophomore Jessica Nimbley, who played well in nine games last season before suffering a broken hand, returns. Ward noted that junior forward Kat Gooch can also put the ball in the hoop. Other members of the team include seniors Meghan Coleman and Melanie Ondrejik, both guards, and Christine Repoli, a forward; junior guard Christine Walczak; sophomore guard Laura Aniello and forward Kaitlin Weldon; and freshmen Alisa Apo, a guard, and Kayla Killian, a center. “I think overall we’re a little deeper and more experienced this season,” said Ward, in his second-year at the Lady Lancers’ helm. “I’m looking for some of our younger players to step up as the season moves along.” As usual, SJV’s schedule includes nonconference games against well-regarded teams such as Shabazz, Christ the King and St. John Villa of Staten Island. Following the Middletown South game, the Lady Lancers compete in the Lady Knight Tournament at Marist High School in Bayonne beginning next Friday.last_img read more

chfxoosc

French Grand Prix gets green light for 2018

first_imgEstrosi made the announcement at the Automobile Club de France which helped stage the first ever grand prix in 1906.The desired optimal date for the new French race would be late August or early September 2018, between the usual dates for the Belgium and Italian GP races.French Grand Prix circuit © AFP / Jonathan STOREY, Kun TIANFrench driver Romain Grosjean was one of the first to welcome the news.“Really super happy for all the French fans who will have their Grand Prix and who can come and support us” the Haas team driver posted on Twitter. Felipe Massa in a Ferrari won the last F1 race staged in France in 2008 at Magny-Cours, when a major budget deficit was shouldered by the French state and local authorities.The Paul Ricard venue has held 14 F1 races in all between 1971 and 1990 when French four-time champion Alain Prost was victorious.“We lost this GP in 1990, it’s returning now to Provence and that’s only right for our region,” Estrosi observed.Since 2002 the track’s shareholders have invested 80 million euros ($85.6mn) to bring it up to scratch.“It’s a venue that is both recognised and appreciated,” Estrosi declared.Christian Estrosi gives a news conference about the French Formula One Grand Prix in Paris on December 5, 2016 © AFP / Lionel BonaventureHe said the cost of staging the race had been estimated in an independent audit at 30 million euros – 14 million coming from local authorities and the balance from direct revenue.“And the impact on the local economy will be 65 million euros,” he added, quoting figures from the audit into the project conducted by international consultants Deloitte.Estrosi disclosed that it was only last month that he believed F1 would return to his region.“The crucial moment was when we met (F1 supremo and the track’s former owner) Bernie Ecclestone, on November 16 in Geneva with (FIA) president Jean Todt.“We put all the numbers involved on the table, he believed us and I felt that he had confidence in us.”The circuit is named in honour of the man who used to bankroll it, the late industrialist who made his fortune from pastis.0Shares0000(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000France’s Le Castellet Circuit will once again host the French grand prix in 2018 © AFP/File / Boris HorvatParis, France, Dec 5 – The French Grand Prix is returning to the Formula One calendar in 2018 after a decade-long absence at Le Castellet’s Paul Ricard circuit near Marseille, organisers announced on Monday.“The French Grand Prix is making its comeback,” Christian Estrosi, president of the Provence-Alpes-Cotes d’Azur region told a press conference in Paris.last_img read more

chfxoosc

Paul Brandt Dawson Creek Bound

first_imgBrandt also brought out opening band High Valley, three brothers from northern Alberta, to join him on several songs. Following the show, both Brandt and High Valley stayed late, posing for pictures with fans and signing autographs. Photos from the show are below:- Advertisement –last_img

chfxoosc

Manchester United star leads 2017’s first ‘Magnificent Seven’ selection

first_imgThe ‘Magnificent Seven’ is back for 2017!Each week, Ray Stubbs and his guests on talkSPORT 2 will select the most memorable sporting moments of the previous weekend.There are no rules… nominees can be individuals, teams, magic moments, even trophies or quotes. Anything and everything goes.Leading the way this week is Wayne Rooney, who equalled Sir Bobby Charlton’s Manchester United scoring record with his 249th goal for the club.But who joined him in this week’s ‘Magnificent Seven’? Have a listen to find out.You can hear the ‘Magnificent Seven’ every Monday afternoon at 2.45pm on talkSPORT 2last_img read more